Dave Tyson is the President of Apollo Information Systems, a concierge Cyber Security consultancy with operations across the USA and Canada. Over 30 years of experience in Cyber & Physical security leadership battling organized crime and nation state attackers across the globe has prepared him for all aspects of Enterprise Security Risk Management. He is also the co-founder of Cyber Easy Learning, an online and classroom Cyber Security training program that teaches Cyber Security in plain English!
His previous role was as Chief Information Security Officer for SC Johnson, a global consumer package goods firm. Prior to joining SCJ he led security programs for the largest Power Utility in the USA, was the Global Security operations lead for the largest E-commerce company in the world, and the Chief Security Officer for the Host City of the 2010 Winter Olympics.
Mr. Tyson has Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) specializing in Digital Technology Management, is a Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and is Board Certified in Security Management and is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
Dave is frequent speaker at conferences and education events in North and South America, ASIA, and Europe. He has published dozens of articles in industry magazines and published the first book on Security Convergence via Butterworth Heinemann.
Dave currently serves as a member of the Board at the Global Security Risk Management Association (GSRMA) and the Co-chair for the national Cyber Security Initiative for the Private Director’s Association (PDA). Dave is a Past Chairman of the Board and 2015 President of ASIS International, the world’s largest security management association.
- Top 50 most influential people in Security by IFSEC Global 2016
- Top 50 most influential people in Security by IFSEC Global 2015
- In 2010 Dave was nominated as Security Executive of the year by ISE.
- In 2007, Canadian Security Magazine named Dave Security Director of the Year.
- In 2006 Dave was named one of the “Top 10 Movers and Shakers” in the Security Industry by Security Technology and Design magazine.
- In 2006, Dave was awarded the “Award for Excellence in Security Convergence” by the Alliance for Enterprise Security Risk Management (AESRM),
- In 2005 Dave was awarded the “Security Pioneer” Award by ASIS Canada.